Optiplex 380 STOP Error: NMI Parity Check/Memory Parity Error

I received a support ticket today from one of our schools saying they had a strange error coming up. I asked the usual questions like did you reboot, what color is the screen, etc. She said it was the BSOD, but it looked different. After going to take a look at the machine I saw the error and I hard rebooted the machine. I came to see this error:


At first thought I figured this was a memory error, but it was not. After I removed each stick of RAM one-by-one the error persisted. After a bit of Googling I ran across this article. http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/bz/en/bzdhs1/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=bz&l=en&s=dhs&docid=604790

This says it's a NIC issue and you can fix it by uninstalling the old driver and reinstalling. This, however, was not the case. The NIC was failing at POST, far too soon for a driver to be the issue. I also updated the BIOS to A07. (Was on A01) This did nothing as well.

I resolved the issue by adding a NIC into the machine and completely disabling the onboard NIC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DISM An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image.

Deleting Roaming User Profiles Batch Scipt